24 Merry Days of Mobile Offers
#GetGoGiftGiving - Social Contest is subject to these Official Rules except as expressly stated otherwise. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning. The Contest is sponsored by Giant Eagle, Inc. 101 Kappa Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238 (the “Sponsor”).
- Description: The #GetGoGiftGiving Contest (the "Contest") begins on December 1, 2018 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends January 1, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). The Contest provides you with an opportunity to submit a story, photo, or video showcasing your heart-warming gift-giving story (the "Submission"). By participating in the Contest, you unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules, the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website, and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. To the extent the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website and of these Office Rules conflict, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to GetGo fans that are legal residents of Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, and Ohio who are at least eighteen (18) years old or older, have an internet connection and either a Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account at the start of the Contest Period (“Entrant”). Employees of Giant Eagle, Inc., its affiliates, Contest supervisors and members of their immediate families, are not eligible to participate or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Mandatory Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter Disclosure: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. You are providing your information to GetGo and not to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on December 1, 2018 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends December 28, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET according to Sponsor’s time (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received prior to December 21, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest end date”) according to Sponsor’s time.
- How to Enter the Contest. There are three ways to enter. Online Submission only. You can enter your Submission through Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. To enter the Contest you must have an account on at least one of the listed social media platforms. You must also “like” or “follow” the Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter pages located at these links:
A. Facebook Entry: You must access the GetGo Facebook page and share your heart-warming gift-giving story using text, an image or video using #GetGoGiftGiving during the Contest Period and you will be automatically entered into the Contest Drawing.
B. Instagram Entry: You must share your heart-warming gift-giving story using text, an image or video using #GetGoGiftGiving during the Contest Period and you will be automatically entered in the Contest Drawing.
C. Twitter Entry: You must share your heart-warming gift-giving story using text, an image or video using #GetGoGiftGiving during the Contest Period and you will be automatically entered in the Contest Drawing.
One entry (via Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter) per natural person per day during the Contest Period. Please remember this is a rated-G Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take down any offense or slanderous entry.
Incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, or incomplete entries. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. Persons discovered entering under multiple identities will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Selected Entrant, the Selected Entrant will be deemed to be the person whose name and relevant information was given at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion.
Only one entry per natural person during the Contest Period. Incomplete Entries, including but not limited to those Submissions that do not meet the requirements specified in these Official Rules, will not be eligible for judging. Submissions will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account used at time of Entry. In the event of a dispute over the ownership of an e-mail address, prize will be awarded to the owner of the designated account. This Contest shall be governed by Pennsylvania state law. By participating in this Contest, Contestants agree that Pennsylvania courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest.
- SUBMISSION: Submission Requirements: (1) The Submission text, photo or video must showcase your heart-warming gift-giving story; (2) your Submission can be uploaded as text, JPG, GIF, PNG formats or as video and up to 20 Mb in size; (3) your Submission must be your heart-warming gift-giving story individually; and (4) you agree that once you submit your Submission, it becomes the property of Sponsor.
- JUDGING AND NOTIFICATION: There will be four (4) rounds of judging each Submission will be judged and scored by a panel of judges selected by Sponsor (the “Judges”). The Judges decisions regarding the Contest and related matters are final. Judges will use the following criteria to select
Need (40 points)
Impact (40 points)
Newsworthiness (20 points)
JUDGING ROUND 1: Submissions received beginning on or about December 1, 2018 and ending on December 7, 2018 will be evaluated and one (1) Submissions, as chosen by the Judges, whose decisions regarding the Contest and related matters are final, will be selected as a Finalist.
JUDGING ROUND 2: Submissions received beginning on December 8, 2018 and ending on December 14, 2018 will be evaluated and one (1) Submissions, as chosen by the Judges, whose decisions regarding the Contest and related matters are final, will be selected as a Finalist.
JUDGING ROUND 3: Submissions received beginning on December 15, 2018 and ending on December 21, 2018 will be evaluated and one (1) Submissions, as chosen by the Judges, whose decisions regarding the Contest and related matters are final, will be selected as a Finalist.
Beginning December 25 and ending January 1, 2019 our audience will vote for their favorite Finalist by accessing the link (https://woobox.com/uxyo7o) (the “Website”) found on the GetGo Facebook page.. Voting is limited to one vote per natural person per day. You may not vote with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot, or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of permitted votes. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any vote it deems ineligible.
The Finalist with the highest number of votes will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the tying entries will be re-scored by the judges to determine the potential Grand Prize winner.
Grand Prize winner will be announced on or around January 2, 2019.
The Finalists will be notified by the email, text, or through Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, according to the sole discretion of Sponsor or Sponsor's representative. Finalists will be required to respond (as directed) to a phone and/or email notification within five (5) days of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor may choose the next highest scoring Submission from among the remaining eligible submissions. Finalists may also be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility I liability I publicity release ("Affidavit") and any other documents Sponsor or Sponsor's representative may require within 48 hours of receipt of the Affidavit. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize; and in such case, Sponsor may choose the next highest scoring Submission from among the remaining eligible submissions. Finalists will receive the Prize by electronically or by mail within approximately thirty (30) days of the date on which the Sponsor receives the completed, signed Affidavit from the Finalist (exact timing subject to change based upon availability of Prize).
- PRIZES: The three (3) Finalists will each be awarded a $500.00 GetGo Gift Card. The Submission that is named the Grand Prize winner will be given the opportunity to donate $5,000.00 to a charity of his/her choosing.
Total Approximate Retail Value of Prizes: $6,500.00.
No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Finalists cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. Finalist is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes on prize. All expenses not specifically stated as being included are excluded and are the responsibility of the Finalist. Finalist will not receive cash or any other form of compensation. All activities related to the prize are at the Finalist's own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. Purchases of alcohol, tobacco, milk, and prescription drugs are excluded when GetGo Gift Cards are provided as prizes.
- ODDS: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- LICENSE: By entering your Submission in the Contest, Contestants hereby grant Sponsor and its successors a worldwide perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) and transferable license (with a right to create derivative works) to use, copy, distribute, perform, publicly perform, and display your Submission, in any and all media, in whatever form, for any legal purposes whatsoever no known or hereinafter becomes known. Each Contestant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the Submission submitted by him or her.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Submission must be the original work of the Contestant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must riot infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Contestant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the Contestant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting the Submission, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Submission in the manner set forth in these Official Rules and the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of any permissions or licenses you may have received, in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any Contestant at any time. By submitting a Submission, Contestant warrants and represents that he/she consents to the submission and use and exhibition of the Submission in the manner set forth in these Official Rules and the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- DATES & DEADLINES I ANTICIPATED NUMBER OF CONTESTANTS: Sponsor reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Contest. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of Contestants who will participate in the Contest.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between or among Sponsor and any Contestant in or Winner of the Contest, each Contestant irrevocably grants the Sponsor and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Contestant's Submission, name, likeness, biographical information, and any individual(s) participating in the Submission, in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes _ as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Contest or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with ·respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
- NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP I WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each Contestant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Contestant and the Sponsor is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Contestant's decision to provide the Contestant's Submission to Sponsor for purposes of the Contest does not place the Sponsor in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Contestant's Submission. Each Contestant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the Contestant's copyright in and to the Submission. Finally, each Contestant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Contestant relating to or arising out of any Sponsor actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Contestant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Contestant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in any way.
- GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE/FORCE MAJEURE: Contestants agree that the Sponsor and the Promotion Parties shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages, or injuries of any kind resulting from the Contest or any Contest-related activity. Sponsor and the Promotion Parties assume no responsibility for any damage to a Contestant's computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Contest, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions, or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, or stolen submissions or notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible, or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone, or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- DISPUTES: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- CONTEST RESULTS: For Contest results and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to The #GetGoGiftGiving Contest, c/o Giant Eagle, Inc. 101 Kappa Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238. Requests must be received within ninety (90) days of the end of the Contest Period.